Bethan Davies and her sister Rhiannon are the Registered Persons at Briton Ferry Childcare. As a manager, Bethan's duties are to manage the staff, ensure all conditions of registration are in place, to update and implement setting policies, and to liaise with third party organisations such as Social Services. Before opening the setting, Bethan worked as a Level 5 registered nurse. She is also qualified in British Sign Language level 2. Bethan has also learned Welsh as a second language. Bethan's qualifications are as listed below:
- Registered Nurse (Level 5)
- Level 3 Award First Aid at Work
- Completion of a course in 'Infection Control'
- Training in Cross Infection Procedures and Dental Health Education
- Level 4 NVQ in Children's Care, Learning and Development
- Level 1 & 2 in British Sign Language
- Entry Certificate in Welsh Second Languae: The Use of Welsh
- Completion of the course: 'The Effective Fire Warden'
- Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
- Accreditation to administer the 'Schedule of Growing Skills 2'
- SEN training
- Training in Paediatric First Aid (2 Day)
- ELKLAN Supporting Speech and Language for Under 5's
- Training in Child Protection